Friday, August 6, 2010

Day Ten

Glenn and I  get a little earlier start this morning.  It"s just the two of us today but we will still drive separate.  I need to go by the grocery store and pick up more lunch food and he needs to go to, can you make a guess here?  He forgot to pick up the paint that was mixed for us yesterday.

Sanding after wall repair
 We approach our projects in entirely different ways.  I set usually set a specific goal to accomplish.  Glenn moves from project to project depending on where it fits the list of have to's.  I know a lot of his time is spent getting things ready so there will be jobs for helpers.  He spent a big part of today grounding some outlets, the house was built in the 1950's.  To do this he made new holes in walls but now there are several experts in wall repair to fix these new holes.  Have you ever seen the movie "Holes" or "Groundhog Day"?  I feel like we are living them.  The house did seem a little cooler today after Glenn worked on the HVAC.  We had a  professional came out and give us an estimate  on doing some of the work that needs done to improve it's cooling.  Part of the problem is not the HVAC but very few of the walls are insulated. 

See I can stand in the cabinet
One bedroom finished
Today I finished painting Joshua's bedroom.  The cool cabinet needed a second coat of paint.  I needed to do a little sanding around the window and door frames before painting.  Task complete and it looks great!  Tomorrow someone can put contact paper on the shelves in the cabinet to finish that up.  We will rent a sander for all the wood floors when the painting is finished.  So until then this room is off the list.  BIG SMILE!  I will call it a day and head home with all the other rush hour commuters.

No comments:

Post a Comment