Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Seven

I don't even know where to start today. We got woke up at 5 am with a phone call from Trinidad. Dad I am fine but me and my friends were rear ended then robed at gunpoint. My friend is in the hospital but it's nothing serious. We probably can't make our flight home. The good news is they are safe and nothing important was stolen, just money. They are staying with some of her family and will be home in a few days.

I throw a load of laundry in before leaving. Mamaw wants to come help today so I pick
her up. We stop by the tire shop to pick Lansen up. He dropped his car off to get some new tires. We are finally on our way. Glenn stopped by (you guessed it) Home Depot and will meet us at "the house". Glenn is thankful for the extra helpers today. Both Andres and Lansen will be getting orders from him. It looks like they will do more wall repair and taking off more of the baseboards to prepare the bedrooms for painting. There is still one wall left to break down and I'm sure they would enjoy that. Breaking down walls is defiantly a man thing, it doesn't excite me at all.

Mom will work on cleaning the washer and dryer and making sure they work. I will focus on painting the bathroom downstairs. I decided that painting is not my thing. I am very messy, getting more on me and everything I touch than the walls. I should be an expert by the time "the house" is finished though. I just don't know if becoming an expert painter is my desire. Mom pulled something resembling a dead RAT out of the dryer. Yuck!! Sorry I didn't get a picture. The best find of the day goes to Lansen. Hidden behind a wall was a Gentleman's magazine from 1956. The interesting part is you can see more skin when you walking around any mall. It really is amazing and sad how our morals have declined. Something that was thought to be scandalous is now the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment