Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day Four

When I left last night I thought about taking the day off but after a good night sleep I am ready to roll out again. Mr. B got an early start. He took our trash to the pickup site then made a stop by Home Depot. He is drawn to Home Depot like I am to a shoe store.

I pick up Mamaw and Papaw on my way to Fairfax. I am so thankful for their help for two people in their 70's they can out work anyone. I guess the saying "they don't make um like they use to" applies to people as well.

Mr. B and I discussed the plumbing and decided to call a professional. The plumber was already at work solving the mystery when my work crew arrived. Mr. B and I were encouraged by the results and were relieved that no major issues were discovered. Yea, running water and drains that work. $500.00 more than expected but worth the peace of mind and Mr. B's time can be spent on other projects.

Mamaw is tackling the stove. It says "self cleaning" and by the looks of it the other people took it literally. I don't think they wiped up any grease or spills, EVER. I will continue working on the kitchen cabinets. Papaw will work with Mr. B. They are doing more wall repairs and wall removal.



I think they enjoy the wall removal best. Mamaw worked a miracle on the stove. It looks just like new, WOW! I finally finished the cabinets and will lay contact paper tomorrow. We are all exhausted and heading home. I hope Mr. B is ok with cereal for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment