Monday, August 2, 2010

Day Six



It is getting harder to get myself out the door and to "the house". I just can't come up with a good enough reason to stay home. Josh's girlfriend Danielle will be joining me and Glenn today. My dear mother is going to make us dinner that I can pick up on my way home. Don't you just love Mothers? I am blessed with one of the best.

Glenn is already hard at work when Danielle and I arrive. He has put up a sheet of drywall and insulation in the small bedroom. This is one of the walls they had to break down a few days ago. It reminds me of our city road crews, they just keep resurfacing the same roads. Danielle and I thought we would be painting but decided to do more cleaning in the kitchen. I started on the tile floor so the stove could be moved back where it belongs. Danielle cleans the wood railing on the stairs then moves onto the walls. We move the refrigerator out of the little back room so the tile can be taken out oh, and another wall knocked out. Glenn removes the baseboards in the bedrooms and yes more wall repair.

I think tomorrow we will start painting. We are sticking with some kind of off white for everything. Keeping it simple. Since we need all new baseboards the trim will be easy and we won't need to use the blue tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment