Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day Eighteen

Our yard is 3 1/2 acres
I finished mowing the yard since it didn't rain today.  After showering to remove grass and paint from my work day, I can relax and write my blog.

I left home around 8:45 am and picked up Mom and John (no more days off for them).  Glenn meet us at "the house" after he finished up a few things at home.  It was just the four of us since all the boys were working.  Like we weren't.  LOL
Mom working on the windows

John with the floor sander
Floor before sanding
The three of us start to work painting the orange room.  Once Glenn arrives, John decides to work on sanding the floors with the new toy Glenn just rented.  I don't think he likes to pain and I've never meet a man that can pass up using a new tool.  So they work together on the upstairs floors until Glenn decides to go to you guessed it, Home Depot.  He was ready to buy a bathtub and fiberglass walls for the upstairs bathroom.  He also had to get more sandpaper for the floor sander before the rental place closed.  Mom was ready to finish up the three remaining windows down stairs.  She doesn't like to paint either, or maybe I am just too picky.  It's much cooler outside today which makes the window washing go much better.  When she is finished it looks like there isn't any glass at all because they are so spotless.  I don't like to wash windows and she doesn't like to paint so we are both happy doing our jobs.  We decided our house's need some deep cleaning after seeing how nice "the house" is looking. This will have to wait though.  After I finish the second coat of paint we are ready to leave for the day it is 3:45 pm.  Glenn will stick around for a few hours.  I will up date you later on what else he did.
Floor after sanding

No comments:

Post a Comment