Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day Nineteen

Time for a little background before telling how the day started.  We have a very nice barely used sofa to donate to the boys new house.  There is a problem though, when we moved from New Mexico the feet got lost.  I have done extensive searching at home and on the internet for new feet but have come up empty handed.  So today as it is poring rain and we are on the way to "the house", I spot a sofa setting out for trash pick up tomorrow.  I quickly pull over and with Mom and John's help we remove the feet off the sofa. Problem is solved.  Yea!!!!!  I still need to try them but I am an optimistic person.
Lansen in the Harry Potter closet
Me and Lansen in the Harry Potter closet

Glenn is already working when we arrive and Lansen pulls in soon after us.  John had so much fun with the floor sander yesterday that he runs upstairs and makes a claim on that job.  I was going to paint trim in the orange bedroom but decided the window frames  needed sanding and some wood filler first.  Mom and I move downstairs, where it is less dusty, in search of jobs.  We decided to pull up the very green and very dirty carpet out of the Harry Potter closet under the stairs.  Just like we suspected there is a beautiful wood floor under layers of dirt and carpet.  The worst part of the job was removing all the staples and tacks.  Both of us ended up with blisters. Ouch!

Glenn hanging the plastic liner
 Lansen and Glenn work on the upstairs bathroom.  They finish the insulation and drywall first.  The next step is putting up a heavy plastic barrier, this goes under where the tub will go and behind the fiberglass wall.  We all take turns sweeping and using the shop vac to collect the fine stuff the sander leaves behind.  I did discover why men enjoy their power tools.  Glenn gave me an electric sander to use on the window frames and boy did it make my job easier, faster and better.  I say "bring on those power tools boys". 

See all the dust?
Me hoping no one will catch me taking 5!
We all left very tired from our full day at "the house".  The upstairs is really taking shape and doesn't resemble the before pictures any more.  This of course is a very good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just found out about this project of yours. I just read over your past 20 days and im not sure how you all mad it through. I think I would have had a very hard time getting up early every day driving an hour just to work all day long, then come home and go to bed just to repeat the process the next day. All I gotta say is nice work, from what I can see it's looking amazing, and good luck on the rest. (lol Harry Potter closet, you know your a nerd when....)

    ReplyDelete