Monday, August 23, 2010

Day twenty-six

John painting
Living room
Elena taping in the kitchen
The Pastor spoke on Rest today and how we need a day to recharge.  I say "amen" but that will have to wait,  We have kids starting school in 8 days and "the house" isn't ready yet.  :(  So after feeding our soul and tummy's we head to Fairfax and get to work.

I think some people are taking pitty on me and decided to help with the painting.  Maybe it's my slow progress or due to how much paint I am wearing.  John and I finish a second coat in the living room and finished the white wood trim.  Then we move to the kitchen, Elena had already cleaned the walls and taped it.  She also painted the Harry Potter closet.  It really went a lot faster with the helpers. 

Mom putting up contact paper
Mom did several support jobs, reloading paint rollers, cleaning paint rollers, bringing drinks to the crew and cleaning in the kitchen to get ready for the counter tops.  After seeing the back wall inside of the cabinets she decided to put some contact paper up.

Glenn bounced between the upstairs bathroom, kitchen cabinet area  and supervising the work crew.  Lansen worked on cutting a slot for the new sink in the counter top.   After fitting the sink in he celebrated by being the first to put a dirty cup (Starbucks of course) into the sink.
See the sparks?
Measuring before cutting for sink
First dirty cup in the sink!

Josh and Danielle showed up as everyone was finishing for the day.  Glenn was happy to stay around and put them to work for a few hours.

I have too many pictures to fit in my blog so when our project is finished I will do an online album.  Here are a few from today. 

Josh ready to work

No comments:

Post a Comment