Friday, August 27, 2010

Day Thirty

Front of house

Oh my, I can't remember what we did yesterday.  Glenn and I were there early, the mold man came to do a follow up inspection and it passed with flying colors.  Glenn stayed and put in a few hours before going to his real job.  He finished sanding the bathroom so I could get at least one coat of paint on the walls.  We need this finished before the sink and toilet can go back in place.   While he was sanding I put a second coat of paint on the hall closet. 
Bathroom with wall again

Floor molding and vent cover
Lansen and Mom arrived later in the morning.  Then Andres showed up early afternoon.  He and Lansen spent most of the day cutting the floor molding and placing it in the correct room.  They also put some cover plates on wall sockets and vents.   Mom sanded the living room floor and applied a second coat of polyurethane.  It has been very difficult to put the polyurethane on the living room floor.  You have to go through the room to get up stairs.  Some jobs require cutting things downstairs and hauling them upstairs.  The floor also has to dry a minimum of two hours.  Everyone had to take off their shoes and wipe off their feet to travel through the living room  to keep it clean before a coat of poly was applied. So after the second coat was good and dry we put sheets of plastic down so shoes could be worn.  There was great rejoicing!!!!!Glenn applied the third and final coat just before leaving for home.   What an ordeal but it is finished.  SIGH!!!!!! 

On the way home Mom and I stopped by Home Depot to pick out some vinyl floor for the bathroom.  We also got a new facet for the sink and some other odds and ends.   You will never guess who we saw there_____ well maybe you will_____ Glenn.  He had to stop by after his real job and before heading to "The House".

2 comments:

  1. Well Marsha....I don't know where in the world I have been. I've been seeing your posts on facebook, but DDUUHHH!!!! Didn't realize you had this blog. Have read a few & of course, laughing, so going to read more. Love it & the pictures are great! I'll have to get it saved to Mom's computer so she can follow it too. So now I'm going to be a stalker....I mean follower...of your blog. Love you all!!! Deana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having stalkers.......followers help keep me motivated to write. I know a lot of people miss some post since they just read it on FB.

    ReplyDelete