Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day Twenty three

Mom and I got to "the house" around 9:30am.  Thanks to rain all day yesterday it was much cooler this morning.  This proved to be a big deal since the air conditioner wasn't working when we arrived.   I placed a call on the red phone to my HVAC man.  We tried a few things with no luck but discovered a switch needed to be repaired.  In between meetings he came to rescue the Damsels in Distress.  Wearing his business clothes he had a new switch installed in no time.   Mom made him lunch before he dashed off again.

I was back to painting and Mom was working on the floors.  The upstairs is painted except the bathroom and a closet near the bathroom.  I have to wait for the spackeling to dry and be sanded several times before I can paint those areas.  Mom put one coat of polyurethane on Kyles bedroom floor and stained Joshua's floor. 

Lansen, Elaina and Andres arrived just before we needed to leave.  Mom instructed Elaina on staining the floors so she could do the orange bedroom and part of the hallway.  Lansen played Foreman and found a job for Andres, removing the tile floor in the laundry room.  I'm not sure what Lansen did other than smile a lot since his girlfriend is in town, but I bet it was important stuff.

The barbecue  pork sandwiches were a big hit for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment