Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Food Haul

This is my third post on my weight loss journey for any one who hasn't read the other post.

I was excited when the food arrived.  It was fun unpacking boxes of yummy-sounding meals. There were even cookies, candies, chips and other snack foods. Everything was color coded: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack.  There was a booklet that explained how the plan worked and there was a food journal.  I was supposed to eat several small meals and snacks as well as drink 8 or more glasses of water.  There was also a recommended grocery list for fruits and vegetables to supplement the boxed food.  So I took my list and headed to the store.  I wanted to be set for success not failure!











Ready set go:  My first meals were interesting.  The portions seemed extra small but at least I did eat often, about every 2 hours.  Honestly I wasn't hungry, but it was hard mentally.   My habit was to eat when I was stressed, bored, lonely or basically any time!  I rarely experienced hunger.  Some days I would eat a lot, others I would go without until later in the day and then start eating.  Obviously a inconsistent eating schedule wasn't going to work, so I needed a better plan.  Staying out of the kitchen helped as well as finding distractions.  There were times I had to leave the house (as scripture commands us to flee temptation).  Most days it was easy to stay on the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment