Thursday, February 26, 2015

Let The Exercise Begin



Blog number four about my continued weight loss and get healthy journey.

Success took on many different forms.  I kept up my food journal, drank the recommended amount of water and only ate what I was suppose to.  I did start loosing weight but with a long road ahead it was hard getting excited over 2 or 3 pounds a week.  I know that is good for healthy weight loss and I also know I spent years gaining this weight so it will take a while to get it off.   I just need realistic expectations.

After a month I was ready to add in some exercise.  I just didn't know what kind of exercise would be something I could stick to.   Once again I put a lot of thought into my decision.   Normally walking would be a good place to start but with the narrow country roads and blind curves I don't feel safe walking close to home.   I  have driven to one of the larger neighborhoods and walked around there a few times.  The phrase a few times isn't a good place to start.  Maybe a gym----maybe not.  I am a high maintenance kind of gal and generally a morning person.  If I went to a gym I would shower do my hair and put on a bit of make first, LOL right, just being honest here.   I would also have to drive 15 to 20 minutes to get there.   No way would I do that in the snow.  What was I to do?????

During my bible study group I felt that God wanted me to share about my new journey to get healthy and ask for prayer.  This was really hard for me since I was afraid of failing and more people witnessing my failure.  My willingness to share brought about an answer to my exercise dilemma.   After the group one of the women told me about Leslie Sansone.  She has a program for walking at home.
I went on You Tube and gave it a try.  After a month it was time to switch it up with something new.  My kids told me about Fitness Blender.  Daniel and Kelly have workouts for every level of fitness along with motivational tips.  I have grown to both love and hate these two.  
In October I celebrated my One Year Anniversary of working out 6 days a week for an average of 45 minuets.  I have to say of all my goals this one makes me the proudest.  Exercise has made the biggest difference in my overall health.  I actually enjoy exercising.  All the workouts can be done at home.  Some dumb bells, a chair and a mat are the only equipment needed.  This program is perfect for me since all my excuses are removed.  With so many different workouts I don't get bored.   I did purchase some of their 8 week guides since I do better with a bit more structure but you can access all their workouts for free on fitnessblender.com or on You Tube. 

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! We are proud of you too. I'm glad you like exercising and don't feel like it is a boring chore. It's all about finding the right program. Most people don't like exercise because they havent found the right type of workout for them. Hopefully this post will show people how great and versatile Fitness Blender workouts are. You have come sooo far with your strength and endurance in only one year, it's amazing! High five!

    ReplyDelete