Monday, February 2, 2015

Before Starting My Journey

Just in case you didn't read the first Blog about my weight loss journey this is my second post.  I am discussing the process I went through before starting.

Something had to be different this time if I was going to make this a permanent change.  I spent a long time thinking about my eating habits and what kind of exercise I liked.  First I live to eat,  I am a "Foodie"!!!!! I am an emotional eater, I didn't controlled how much I ate and I didn't ever give myself much opportunity to feel hunger.  While eating I would think about what I would consume next.  House work or walking around Target was my only exercise.  The biggie was fear of failing!!!!!!

First I started praying about this and I gave God a chance to give me some direction.   Literally  I thought about this for several months before starting.  I needed a program that took away most of my decisions.  I wanted to open a drawer and select my food.   I researched several programs.  There are as many different approaches to loosing weight as there are types of people trying to loose weight. I decided on Nutrisystem, it was the kind of program I was looking for. With Nutrisystem there are no meetings to go to but councilors are available to answer questions.   You can order the food on line based on  your program.  I wasn't required to go to any weigh in's but I had my own privet log to keep track of my weight and measurements.  There are Forums with other people in the program available to talk to and success stories to read.  I was able to get a good discount by buying the gift cards through Costco.  I still needed to add in fresh fruit, vegetables and some dairy in addition to the packaged food.

We typically go out to eat at least once a week.   I read somewhere that one ought to view eating at restaurants as a social event not an eating event.  Also they say you should decide on a restaurant ahead of time and check out the menu so you can make a healthy meal choice.

One of the hardest steps was to inform my family.  I knew they would be supportive, but I hated to fail again.

I made the commitment to myself to give Nutrisystem a three month try with no cheating and doing everything the program suggested.  I did decide to just focus on the eating part and not add in any exercise at first.

I placed my first order and waited for the boxes to arrive.
Looks like a plat of desserts








No comments:

Post a Comment