Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tribute to Hearing and Vision

Today is the first Christmas event of 2012.  Our Hearing and Vision team is having a luncheon.  This is an annual event that marks the end of another screening year.  Mom and I started doing screenings in 2001 and this will be the last year for us both as well as most of our team.  Over the years I have had the privilege of working with many wonderful ladies.  I know next September will be a bit sad not returning to the schools.  But just like a good book, to start a new chapter you have to turn the page and I am ready to start a new chapter.  I have a few ideas on what to do next but will have to see what I actually end up doing.  Thank you mom for being our team leader!  You did a great job setting up our schedule and working with the nurses to prepare the way for our team.  You were always diplomatic in solving issues.  Maybe politics is in your future, just kidding I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Thank you to the other team members I have worked with over the years.  It was always a pleasure going to work.  We didn't have the petty drama often associated with working with a group of women.  Many memories were made some good and some not so good.  During our down time we had great conversation and solved many issues from politics to family life.  Best wishes to you all as you move on to other things.  Judy if you ever feel the need to carpool just text and I will gladly accompany you wherever you go.  Tere you were always worth waiting for.  Dorene I know I can share a cup of coffee with you anytime.  I love you all!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment