Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kick Off

This has nothing to do with "The House" so I know some of you won't be interested.  I will still keep you updated from time to time but for now some new material.  Any one that knows me knows I am a sports fan.  Yes, little ol'me.  I go for the more violent sports aka, hockey, football and MMA.   This comes from being a Mama to three sons and even a male black lab.  I call it survival!  The funny thing is I love sports even more than some of my sons.

Tonight is opening night for NFL which is a great moment since it means Hockey season is just around the corner.  I started out watching football and knowing hockey was another cool sport but didn't pay much attention to it until about two years ago.  Now football is ok but Hockey is the one I love. 

Our family has a Fantasy Football League the BLF.  This will be our forth year.  We play for fun but are pretty competition.   My team name this year is the Marsha Mellows.  This name should put fear into the other team owners.  I am acting as the League Manager since Glenn already has more jobs than time.  We did an automatic draft this year due to last minute timing.  There are several players on my team I have never heard of so I need to do some homework.  I do recognize Tom Brady though.  Glenn picked up Ben Rothensberger  who is suspended for at least 3 to 4 games.  Mom and other sports fans have been wondering why Bret Farve is still playing and not retiring while he can sill walk.  Well he ended up on her team.  My sister-in -law who lives in Denver and is a Broncos fan ended up with Jay Cutler (their ex QB).  So there were a few funny automatic picks but for the most part the teams should start out even.

Our teams are set for tonights game and an exciting weekend ahead.  Lets play some football!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I LOVE your team's name! It's so clever. In your next post can you tell us what everyone else's teams are called?

    ReplyDelete