Saturday, September 11, 2010

End of Summer

This morning it dawned on me that the Summer of 2010 is over.  For me it has been a different sort of summer.  Usually they are marked by places we vacation and trips to the lake.  This year the only trips taken were to Fairfax to work on "The House".  I do have more accomplishments this summer in the before and after photos.  Both Glenn and I even lost a few pounds, I guess we were too busy to eat.  Our before and after photos don't look any different though.

It has been fun watching the two sets of Lambs grow over the summer.  I faithfully look for them as I drive by the farm.  One set was born totally black and now there is just a little on their face.  Some of the eight Hummingbirds I have watched over the summer have left for their long flight to Mexico.  I still see five of them taking hits at the feeders.  It is nice not having to refill the feeders every day.  I was making eight cups of sugar water every other day to keep up with their eating.   There are still a lot of deer around but the fawns have lost their spots.

I enjoyed getting to know Maggie, an au pair from Austria.   She didn't just steal Kyle's hart but mine and Glenn's as well.  I miss her smile and contagious laugh.  We hope she can come back to the USA soon.  Lansen's girlfriend Elena spent a lot of time with us over the summer.  It was so fun getting to know her better.  I felt sad each time she needed to return home.  Having another female around was a special treat for me. 

Monday I go back to work so Summer is defiantly over.  There is still a list of projects left to do and I will chisel away a little at a time.  It is time to move on to Fall and see what this season has in store.  Cooler nights, breezy days, daylight savings (yuck), lots of yard work and best of all Football and Hockey to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment